Save time and click this link to print out our forms and paperwork prior to your first visit! https://www.orthopedicptservices.com/paperwork/
What to expect?
Welcome to the A-Team!
Mission: Get you out of pain and back to the activities you love!
Your First Physical Therapy Session (Get Excited!)
Depending on your condition, a typical physical therapy session will last approximately 60 to 90 minutes. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to move around in and allows clinicians to access your point of pain. Sweatpants, gym shoes, and other work out attire is preferred. We have private rooms and you may be asked to change into a gown to allow better access to the area of your body being treated (like a neck or back). Most Pilates-based exercises are performed without shoes – sticky socks are sometimes helpful (we have these for sale in studio!).
- Your appointment time reflects when treatment begins. Try to be on time, we always do!
- Please complete your new patient forms and bring them with you to your first appointment, along with any medical assistive devices, such as a brace, splint or crutches.
- Call us if you are running late, so we can try to accommodate your schedule.
- Check-in with the front desk when you arrive. They will be waiting for your arrival.
- Provide valid photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, state ID or passport) in addition to your insurance card when you arrive.
- If possible, please schedule out appointments per your plan of care to ensure your preferred day(s) and time(s). Bring your calendars!
- We track your progress to ensure you meet your goals. To help us guide your care, we want to know what you think. We’ll ask you to complete a questionnaire when you start your treatment and ask follow-up questions throughout the time you spend with us.
In addition to our therapy services, we offer many other services, such as:
- Massage Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Class 4 Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
- CranioSacral Therapy
- Kinesiology Taping (Kinesiotape and RockTape)
- AlterG AntiGravity Treadmill Training
- Chiropractic Medicine
Talk to a staff member if you would like to learn more about these services.
What Does Treatment Look Like?
During your first session, your therapist will perform a full, comprehensive evaluation and create a personalized treatment plan.
Depending on your diagnosis and condition, follow-up appointments may consist of:
- Therapeutic exercises
- Manual Therapy: joint mobilizations, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM), scar tissue management, etc.
- Gait Training, either overground or on the AlterG AntiGravity Treadmill
- Modalities, such as: Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation, Laser
- Heat or cold therapy
- Prescribing a Home Exercise Program (HEP)
- Ongoing education, especially in posture and ergonomics
What Happens Next?
Your physical therapy treatments take place in a friendly, fun and judgement-free environment. Each session is focused on getting you better as fast as possible. Private rooms are available, as needed during the course of treatment. Your therapist may also have a rehab aide that assists with the treatment. These individuals are part of the physical therapy team and are trained to help you get the most out of your PT experience.
We are in network with Blue Cross Blue Shield and Medicare. Many other insurances have Out of Network benefits as well. No matter what insurance you have, please let our billing experts check to see what coverage you have! We also offer a fair cash rate for patients who would like that option.
Do you need a prescription?
Starting August 2018, Illinois now has DIRECT ACCESS for physical therapy! That means you do not need a prescription to start treatment. However, we like to be a part of your holistic healthcare team, so we like to let your primary care doctor know what we are doing in therapy. This allows for open communication with all parties of your healthcare team!
- We submit the billing to your insurance company
- You may be responsible for charges, such as co-insurance and deductible
- You are responsible for paying your co-pay before services are rendered.
- Cash Rate: $200 for initial evaluation | $150 for subsequent visits
office@orthopedicPTservices.com | (708) 301-2255