Mini muffins are by far my go to make ahead breakfast. They are super cute, great for on the go, and easy to make. With spring almost upon us and the Midwest winter weather slowly moving to a thought of the past, it is time to incorporate some fresh flavors into our baking. Spring into this new season with a fresh new recipe for lemon mini muffins.
Lets get tangy with it y’all.
- 1 C flour
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ C milk
- ¼ C melted butter
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350; grease mini muffin pan
- Melt butter. Combine sugar, lemon zest, egg, milk, and lemon zest
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to dry
- Fill mini muffin tin with batter (makes about 18) , bake 25 minutes
- Let cool for 15 min before removing
Fresh for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Enjoy those fresh spring flavors. Spend some time outside, soak up some sunshine and enjoy this gorgeous weather.